Welcome To Intensive Driving Courses Wales
Terms and conditions
1. All pupils must pass the legally required eyesight test (20.5 metres or 67 feet). This will normally be conducted by your driving instructor at the beginning of the course. Should you fail the eyesight check the course will have to be abandoned until you have had your eyesight corrected. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be lost.
2. If your driving instructor feels that your are not ready to take your practical test due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and no refund will be given.
3. Deposit cooling off period: Once a course deposit has been taken you have a period of 7 days from the day of the payment to request a refund, however if your course is due to start within these 7 days then the deposit will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
4. Once a deposit has been received the pupil has a period of 3 months to complete the course from the date the pupil has selected to start the course unless we have agreed to a longer booking period. If we do not here from you within this period or have lost interest in the course then all payments will be forfeited and driving test fee lost.
5. If the theory test is expiring and the pupil is unable to sit the practical driving test before the expiration of the theory certificate then all monies will be forfeited and the driving fee lost.
6. Once the course has been arranged with the driving instructor and booked into their diary , if a pupil then cancels a driving day and is less than a clear week of the driving due day those lessons will be forfeited and the lessons lost. As these courses are on a tight schedule we cannot rearrange the lessons at such short notice.
7. When taking an Intensive Driving Course we know its not always possible to drive continuously , therefore short breaks can be agreed by the pupil and instructor throughout the lessons.
8. A successful booking is when we have arranged a course start date with an instructor and the pupil has secured a driving test date.
9. All courses are booked and based around the average learning capabilities which is available to source on the DVSA website and is only used as a rough guide. No guarantees can be made by an advisor or an instructor. You should be prepared to take further lessons to make sure you are up to the standards and can safely take the driving test.
10. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the theory test has been successfully passed and you have a valid certificate number.
11. The deposit for the course is payable to Intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk which allows us to book tests in advance and arrange a course with an instructor. Deposit is not the full balance.
12. The balance of the course is paid directly to the instructor who is teaching you. The instructor may request payment a week before the course starts to avoid last minute cancellations and loss of work.
13. Failure to pay the balance on the first lesson or when requested will result in the course being cancelled and all monies paid will be forfeited.
14. In an unlikely event of the instructors vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and test fee will be refunded if we are unable to find a replacement instructor.
15. Intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any loses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of these reasons - driving course or driving test being cancelled due to bad weather e.g. snow or ice, examiner illness, examiner strike, vehicle breakdown or sudden recall on vehicles. Where possible we will arrange for other times for you to be able to complete the course.
16. All courses are undertaken with a DVSA registered self-employed driving instructor on an individual basis.
17. We only offer courses on a one to one basis. (no car sharing / 2 pupils )
18. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level needed to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupils standards of driving falls below the expected standard, then for health and safety of the pupil, examiner and the general public the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund of the test, deposit or lesson time will be made in these circumstances. We ask that the pupils are upfront and honest with how much experience they have had to try and avoid these situations.
19. All our instructors have been approved and licensed by the DVSA
20. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see the insurance documents from their instructor at any time. Intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
21. All special offers and course/lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company
22. If payment is received by the instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some hours, at the instructors discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
23. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements, that you are able to read a number plate from 20.5 metres or 67 feet.
2. You satisfy the DVSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking forms correctly so we can process your driving course booking.
4. You make us aware of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree to book time off work or make travel or accommodation arrangements only once the hours have been arranged in full with your instructor and have a driving test secured unless otherwise arranged and agreed with intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk
6. You attend the theory and the practical tests on time and take your valid driving licence with you when you attend. Failure in not turning up on time or not producing your licence will result in the test cancellation which you will not be refunded for.
7. You E mail or call us when you have passed your theory test and provide us with the certificate number to be able to book your driving test.
8. You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the course. If we or a representative of intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk suspects or detect any signs of this then the course will be terminated and all remaining hours and monies will forfeited.
9. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour will be tolerated towards your instructor. The course will be terminated and all monies paid will be forfeited.
10. You supply on the first lesson a signed valid provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce this the driving school/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any monies paid will be forfeited.
11. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Intensivedrivingcourseswales.co.uk is committed to your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully - in accordance with the data protection act 1998.
Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law and will not be sold or passed on to any other 3rd party.
What To Take On Your
Driving or Theory Test
What to take to your test
You must take:
· your UK driving licence
· your theory test pass certificate
· a car - most people use their driving instructor’s, but you can use your own car if it meets the rules
Your test will be cancelled and you won’t get your money back if you don’t take the right things with you.
Your driving licence
You need to apply for a replacement driving licence if you lose yours before your test. This could take up to 15 days to arrive.
Rearrange your test if you don’t get the new licence in enough time.
If you don’t have a photocard licence
Bring a valid passport and your paper licence.
If you have a licence from Northern Ireland
Bring the Northern Ireland photocard and paper counterpart.
If you’ve lost your theory test certificate
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) with your name and driving licence number.
You’ll be sent a letter that you can take to your test instead of your pass certificate.
Taking someone with you
Your examiner will ask if you want someone to:
· sit in the back of the car during the test
· be with you for the result and feedback
This will usually be your driving instructor, but you can take a relative or friend. They can’t take any part in the test.
· be over 16
· follow the rules about observing tests
You can’t take a foreign language interpreter with you. You have to take the test in English or Welsh